The Lazy DM's Workbook is a quick reference book containing tools, tables, guidelines, random generators, maps, and worksheets to help you prepare, improvise, and run great fifth edition fantasy roleplaying games. It goes hand-in-hand with the ideas in Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master and is useful right at the table.
This book includes the following:
- Return of the Lazy Dungeon Masterquick reference
- Fifth edition mechanics quick reference guide
- List of over 500 fantasy names
- Random trap generator
- Random fantastic monument generator
- Random item generator
- Random town event generator
- Ten random dungeon monster tables
- 5e encounter building guidelines
- Guidelines for theater-of-the-mind combat
- Character connection table
- Ten lazy lairs with maps
- Fill-in worksheets including:
- Session worksheet fill-in page
- Character tracker worksheet
- NPC tracker worksheet
- Campaign planner worksheet
Along with the references and random generators, The Lazy DM's Workbook contains ten lazy lairs: full-color maps and quick descriptions of locations common to most fantasy roleplaying games. When the characters take a game session in a direction you didn't expect, you can use any of these lairs with minimal prep time, running it straight out of the book. The PDF and Map Pack version of this book includes all ten maps formatted for virtual tabletop support.
Think of The Lazy DM's Workbook as an extended Gamemaster screen. This workbook gives you a toolbox you can carry with you and keep on hand as you prepare and run your games. It's specifically designed to help you quickly plan a session and let you improvise a detailed and rich game that can surprise both your players and you.
You can also download the fillable Lazy DM Workbook worksheets.
The Lazy DM's Workbook is an indispensable reference, designed to be kept at your side as tales of high adventure unfold at your gaming table.
Please note, we have UK and EU friendly shipping!